I already told you I don't know what to make for Christmas.
But for some reason I have a Monster Hamper of mending that's been sitting in the corner of my studio giving me a totally disgusted stink eye for months easily a year. I feel sure that at the bottom of the pile will be clothes my kids have outgrown. Solid. (Notation: Um. Yep. Just found some. Excellent.)
I will mend them. I will tell you when I do. And I will tell you because I know that there is nothing more satisfying than watching somebody stare down their own grotesque procrastination. It's like watching a gladiator fight. Man (Me) against the Animal (Aggressive Mending Pile). But there will be less blood. Probably.
1. Button on dress shirt. DONE Even ironed it yeesh what's gotten into me.
2. Boy Shorts missing button
3. Massive Bedspread Tear Not Along The Seam That Will Take Weird Measure To Fix
4. Hem on Strangely Placed Bathroom-Blocking Curtains in Bedroom
5. Stuffed Animal Gut Suture: Pig
6. Transformation of Man Spouse Pants to Shorts
7. Removal of Weird But Pucker from Jeans-->Skirt Skirt
8. Hem Retail Purchased Skirt. DONE. Rotary cut it. I'm pro-fray. Hemming all of a sudden seemed like a weird solution.
9. Finish Transforming Other Old Jeans-->Skirts
10. Patch vintage apron
11. Finish Most Original Pot Holder Binding
Sending you all real holiday love--because nothing says Christmas like No, It's Not Really Christmas.
And nothing says Thanksgiving like Thank You for being part of the cocktail of denial and friendship that smoothes that rough patches of my days.